Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stitch Night

Another full house for our last stitch night of the year.  Everyone was busy with their stitching and sharing some of the great things they picked up at the Christmas Open House this past Saturday.  One of the most popular patterns on Saturday was " Snow White" by Little House Needleworks.  Someone started the craze by showing it at the fabric counter and stating that they are going to stitch it on a Victorian Red Lugana with Ecru DMC  thread.  I had to put in my two scents - "I love the fabric but stitch it with  DMC variations 4160 ".  That sold out the last few patterns and the last skeins of 4160 DMC.  I 'll  be ordering more patterns and threads.

Another item I had to show off tonight was my Petit Point pendant, before I send it off to A Needle Pulling Thread Magazine tomorrow.
It will appear in the "In the Loop" section of their Spring Issue, to be released  January 2011, along with an article reviewing our first Getaway Retreat this past April (2010).
The pendant frames are hinged and you simply insert a photo or what ever you like.  When I saw the frames I already know that my petit point flowers would look fabulous in the frame.  I inserted a paper behind the floral, but you could also omit the backing so the petit point  appears as if it's floating.
The frames are available in different sizes and I already have them in the shop.



1 comment:

  1. Did you know that the original line uttered by Tattoo on Fantasy Island was actually "De Frame! De Frame!".... ;) lol

    ReplyDelete